About CPI: The Center for Prophetic Imagination integrates spiritual formation, creative political action, and experimental education to nurture and guide leaders that call people out of empire to embrace God’s vision for the world. We exist to nurture prophetic witness.
The Center for Prophetic Imagination has an opening for a Co-Director for Communications and Operations (CCO) to join our small staff. This is a .75 position with the opportunity for expansion pending additional funding.
The CCO is responsible for the daily operations and communications at the Center for Prophetic Imagination.
This new position signals an important shift at the Center for Prophetic Imagination from an Executive Director model to a co-director model.
The CCO will work directly with our current Executive Director, who will take on the title Co-Director for Formation and Education (CFE) who will focus primarily upon education, formation, and content creation.
Since we are a small nonprofit (with currently one salaried staff…soon to be two), we are seeking a candidate who can contribute to our programming. Particularly, a candidate must be able to teach course(s) in our 2 Year Program in Spiritual Direction and Social Transformation.
Teaching in the program requires deep experience in offering formal spiritual direction or a related practice such as: leading guided spiritual retreats, guiding group discernment/facilitation, or any formalized practice bringing together spiritual discernment, group facilitation, and an awareness of how social systems “form” us.
- Coordinate ongoing communications
- Managing internal communication with volunteers, adjunct instructors, and spiritual direction supervisors for our educational programming
- Serving as point of contact for external communication from program participants, potential participants, or other interested parties
- Managing the weekly newsletter in collaboration with the CFE
- Oversee regular operations
- Networking with various organizations or groups interested in collaboration
- Managing “e-commerce” (books, art, merch, etc developed by CPI)
- Coordinating with the CFE on regular fundraising strategies/initiatives
- Contributing to our core programming
- Teaching in our 2 Year Program in Spiritual Direction and Social Transformation
- Offering 1:1 spiritual direction and/or group facilitation
- Developing and leading new programmatic initiatives based upon interest and capacity
A strong candidate has:
- Experience offering spiritual direction
- Solid written and oral communication skills (English)
- Honed organizational skills
- Experience in organizational leadership
- Cultivated awareness of intersectionality and the way in which oppressive systems function
- Deep affinity for the Core Principles, Mission and Vision of the Center for Prophetic Imagination
- Experience with political direct action
- Social media savvy (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Experience managing volunteers
- Experience facilitating groups or leading retreats
- Teaching experience (not necessarily in a paid capacity)
This is a .75 position paying $35,100/year. No additional benefits are available at this time.
We recognize that a qualified candidate deserves greater remuneration and that is something we hope to offer as our organization grows. In the interests of transparency and equity, we are happy to send our annual budget to any candidates.
We are comfortable with you maintaining supplemental “freelance” work in as a spiritual director, group facilitator/trainer, retreat leader, guest preacher, speaker, consultant, etc. Our current director works part time and supplements their income through speaking and writing.
Income and benefits will be revisited each year during the setting of the budget. As CPI grows, there may be opportunity for increased income and benefits.
We prefer someone local to the Twin Cities (Minnesota), but will consider folks from other locations who work remotely. However, you must be able to attend retreats and other events on occasion. Applicants from regions where travel is cost-prohibitive may not be feasible.
Before applying, please familiarize yourself with our current offerings.
Send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to fill the position by March 1, 2022.
The Center for Prophetic Imagination is an equal opportunity employer that values the perspectives of diverse social locations.