Posted February 19, 2019
The Center for Prophetic Imagination (CPI) has an opening for an Associate Director to join the small staff of our young nonprofit. This is a half time position with the opportunity for expansion pending additional funding.
About CPI: The Center for Prophetic Imagination integrates spiritual formation, creative political action, and experimental education to nurture and guide leaders that call people out of empire to embrace God’s vision for the world. We exist to nurture prophetic witness.
Job Role: The Associate Director will work directly with the Executive Director (ED). Since we are a small nonprofit with only two staff, there is a fair degree of fluidity of roles as well as the opportunity for the Associate Director to shape and develop new initiatives as the organization grows. However, the Associate Director’s primary roles are to help oversee programming, maintain donor relations, and facilitate networking.
Essentially, the Associate Director is CPI’s manager, staying on top of scheduling and the logistical aspects of the organization while the ED focuses on nurturing the vision of the organization, maintaining board relationships, curating content and educational offerings, and developing fundraising strategies.
- Develop theme and emphases of annual fall conference with the ED.
- Facilitating the conference committee for our annual conference.
- Meet with location managers and organize with them for preparation of event.
- Delegate tasks to volunteers and committees for events.
- Organize occasional workshops in conversation with the ED.
- Schedule programming calendar with the ED.
- Assist ED with logistical elements of educational offerings.
- Thank new donors and members, through email and social media.
- Maintain our marketing calendar which includes member raffles and shout-outs.
- Send a weekly newsletter on Mondays relying on submitted content or content developed by either ED or yourself.
- Meet with local non-profits and churches that have a similar passion and drive to form meaningful connections and partnerships.
- Follow up with different partnerships that are forming and continue to form relationships.
- Loop in local organizers, activists and theologians to conferences, workshops and programming in general.
Other tasks as determined in conversation with ED.
Qualifications, Skills, and Attributes:
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English)
- Understanding of intersectionality.
- Understanding of the radical Christian tradition.
- Understanding of, and appreciation for, the stated mission, vision, and core principles of the Center for Prophetic Imagination. (cpimn.org/mission-vision and cpimn.org/core-principles)
- A working knowledge of current social justice movements.
- Event planning experience.
- Experience with political direct action.
- Social media savvy (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Enjoy cultivating relationships and meeting new people.
- Good at multi-tasking.
- Able to self-manage.
- Good at delegating and managing volunteers.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience with Mailchimp preferred.
This is a part time (.5) position paying $1386/month ($16,640 a year) gross with the expectation that you’d work 20 hours a week. No benefits available at this time.
Must be local to the Twin Cities.
Before applying, please familiarize yourself with our current offerings (cpimn.org).
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional reference contacts to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, however our goal is to hire our new Associate Director on May 1st.
The Center for Prophetic Imagination is an equal opportunity employer that values the perspectives of diverse social locations.